Wednesday 28 October 2015

BSA PODCAST EPISODE 1: Shownotes


Yes folks - it finally here. The first episode of the Beatles Songwriting Academy Podcast is about to drop! The podcast is free to everyone who subscribes to the BSA mailing list and each episode will only be available for ONE MONTH. Sign up now! Whaddaya waiting for!

2:00 Mother Nature's Son - Martin's mistake or Yesterday's idea?


4:10 Hey Jude - Paul said a bad word. Says John.


6:40 I Am The Walrus – George's finest hour


12:10 Back In The USSR – good songs can come from bad ideas


14:13 Back In The USSR (Slight Return) – when is a 12 bar not a 12 bar?


15:58 Listener's Question - Jeff Charreaux: "Did the Beatles write diatonic bridges when the rest of the song was non-diatonic?" 


27:17 Belly Movin' – The Beastles


Sign Up To Receive Future Episodes

Submit A Question


Idents by Poddingham Paul courtesy of LeftLion Thanks Paul!


About Beatles Songwriting Academy

11 comments:

  1. Amazing podcast keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now signed up...is it too late to get the first podcast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that you used more audio clips than were strictly needed for illustration purposes -- it added 'aural interest'. I also really enjoyed listening to the string track of "I Am the Walrus" again. I remember finding it on YouTube somewhere a few years ago and being in awe. Looking forward to next month's podcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justice - I love the "more audio clips than were strictly needed" comment! As I prep the 2nd and 3rd episodes that seems like it might become reoccurring theme...

      Delete
  4. I have to say. I'm listening to your podcast and I'm absolutely loving it. As a recent Beatles fan who is becoming more and more fascinated with the Beatles's work the more I listen to it, this was just a grand audio experience. I have to agree with you on the horns of "I Am The Walrus". The instrumentation on that song, in general, is incredible but the horn section just add an extra layer that makes the track so extraordinary. Also, your stuff on the Beatles bridges was like a fascinating course of music theory and songwriting. Overall, this was a great podcast, can't wait for next month's offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Ricky - your encouragement is really appreciated

      Delete
  5. Hi Matt, love the podcast as well. Great fun and great value!

    And do make extravagant promises, please. That way you'll have to deliver and we'll get to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lee! I can extravagantly promise that episode 2 will be out shortly!

      Delete